We know that volunteering a portion of our time is something we should do. There are reminders all around us that our help is needed. Other people will significantly benefit from any time we contribute. But that is not the only reason to volunteer.
Have you thought about the benefits you will get from volunteering? If you consider the many benefits you will receive, you will be asking yourself why you aren’t more involved with helping a cause. Consider these 18 reasons to volunteer some of your time:
Reasons For Volunteering
1. To make new friends
2. To build personal and professional contacts
3. To build your self-esteem and self-confidence
4. To develop new job skills
5. To make a difference in the world
6. To increase personal satisfaction
7. To add experience to your resume
8. To develop people skills
9. To develop communication skills
10. To do something as a family
11. To explore career possibilities
12. To feel needed and appreciated
13. To share your skills with others
14. To be challenged
15. To do something different
16. To earn academic credit
17. To improve your health
18. To have fun!
You will get more out of your volunteer experience than you put into it. Don’t hesitate to identify and donate some of your time to a worthy volunteer opportunity. You will be glad you did.
Thank you for stopping by and read this post “18 Reasons to Volunteer Your Time”. Since you are here have a look at my most recent post and my sitemap. You might find something that interest you.
Thank’s again and Y’all come back now,
My Recently Published Post
6 Steps To Goal Success With Hypnosis
Leadership Exposed: Things You Thought You Knew About Leadership
Your 7 days program to self-improvement
Does a Law on Human Attraction Exist?
10 ways to empower your communication
- Volunteerism (cvusoccer.wordpress.com)
- A Culture of Volunteerism (volunteermaryland.wordpress.com)
- 5 Reasons Why Job Seekers Should Volunteer (business2community.com)
- Youth encouraged to take up volunteering (abc.net.au)
- Volunteer Ireland launches database of volunteering opportunities online and in app form (siliconrepublic.com)
- Four reasons to volunteer while you travel (globalhelpswap.com)
- Recognising and thanking our volunteers! (goldcreekschoolpandc.org.au)
- Federal government applauds volunteers (bigpondnews.com)
- MOM Volunteers Recognized in County-wide Award Program (connectingneighbors.wordpress.com)
- Volunteering (aricaabroad.wordpress.com)