People don’t often think about their body’s automatic actions such as their heartbeat, blinking or breathing. The heartbeat is required to pump blood throughout the body. Blinking moistens and cleans the eyes. Breathing is necessary for life. Have you heard of Healing Breath? You may be surprised to know how using this type of breathing can be beneficial.
The Healing Breath is much more than the breathing you do every day. It is basically learning to control your breath by using both your mind and your body.
Many people don’t realize how their breathing is shallow and possibly doesn’t provide the oxygen the body needs. In fact, how you breathe while you’re sleeping is entirely different from how you breathe while you’re awake. That may explain why you feel more rejuvenated after waking up than during the remainder of the day.
Scientists have begun to realize the importance of breathing technique in helping the body run properly. Depending upon which breathing technique you learn, you may find the following and other conditions improve:
* Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
* Panic attacks
* Rhinitis (Runny nose)
* Snoring/Sleep Apnea
* Hay fever or other allergies
* Handling pain
Ujjayi Pranayama — Ayurvedic Breathing Exercises (video)
Published on Mar 29, 2013
Pranayama is the yogic practice involving control and regulation of breathing. It has many health benefits and one form, Ujjayi Pranayama, is of particular value to the respiratory passages, the voice and the brain, and helps to promote a calm, focused and balanced mind.
Visit our website by clicking the link below!
Ayurvedic Pranayama breathing is very similar to some other breathing techniques. This one, however, is very simple to practice, doesn’t require you to use visualization, and can be practiced nearly anywhere.
The Healing Breath in this format is completed in three different parts, all regulated to a pattern of ‘1:4:2’. Begin by inhaling for the count of one, hold your breath for 4 counts, and exhale for the remaining two counts. Those beginning the Healing Breath begin using higher rates, but the ratio remains the same. For instance, inhale to the count of 4, hold for the count of 16, and exhale for the count of 8. The ratio remains stable.
As you practice this breathing technique and your breathing becomes stronger, you can increase the ratio to 6:24:12 and then to 8:32:16 as you improve further. When you’re first learning this technique, you may want to use a clock with an audible “tick-tock” to help you keep your breaths to one second intervals. Be careful to remain focused during these exercises so you keep your ratio.
Since proper breathing is so important – inhaling which is taking oxygen into the body (purifying the blood) and exhaling which releases waste products and toxins – it’s easy to see why learning the Healing Breath is something to consider. After learning how to breathe properly you may find many of your health issues are reduced or gone entirely.
Yoga and Ayurveda | Ayurveda with Yoga Sciences | Yoga Therapy (video)
http:www.ayurvedaacademy.com presents Yoga and Ayurveda. How they complement each other and work together to bring you health and happiness. Learn more about these wonderful sciences
Thank you for stopping by and reading my post “Healing Breath”. I hope that I gave you enough information to get you started. Proper breathing will change your life. Just remember that do it right in your mind and the body will follow.
My Most Recently Published Post
- How to Count Your Blessings and Be Grateful
- Building Inner Strength and Integrity
- Back Pain – How Yoga Helped
- An Example Of Allowing A Desire To Arrive On Its Own
- Why swimmers should practice rotary/bilateral breathing (swimmerslife.wordpress.com)
- Top 3 Breathing Techniques for Running (wearmeoutclothing.com)
- Best Breath Practices: 5 Energizing Pranayama Techniques. (elephantjournal.com)
- Breath of Life – Part 2 (ourbirthwrite.com)
- Why Start A Breathing Practice For Breast Cancer Recovery? Good Health! (breastcanceryogablog.com)
- Traveling Warriors: Put Yoga to Work (studio925yoga.wordpress.com)
- Visualization Exercise for Health and Wellness (drsusansolutions.wordpress.com)
- Healing Breath (natural-holistic-health.com)
- Healing and Cleansing Breath (chigungproactive.wordpress.com)