It isn’t uncommon for people to feel down about themselves or that they aren’t as important as others. The truth is, however, that no one is perfect and there’s no reason why you can’t feel good about yourself. Use some of the following easy ways to feel good in your own skin and see the difference it can make.
You don’t have to be perfect or compare yourself with others to feel good about yourself. You can learn to see your own beauty by concentrating on the positive and playing down the negative. Before you can do that you’ll want to take a serious, objective look at yourself. Think about the things you do well, the friends you have and physical features you’re happy with about yourself. If there are things that you’re comfortable with, you have a starting point.
* Accept that you’re never going to be perfect. Even women who spend thousands of dollars trying to have the perfect body or perfect nose are never satisfied. You can save yourself quite a bit of money by accentuating the positive. Suppose you have beautiful, expressive eyes. Why not learn a new way to use make-up to draw focus to your eyes? You can also use make-up to make a too large nose look smaller or a crooked smile appear straight.
* There is more to beauty and feeling good in your own skin than merely looking good. You might be surprised that beauty begins between the ears. What? If you have a good attitude and believe you are the best you that you can be, you’ll begin feeling better about yourself – perhaps even better than if you’d just come back from a week at a spa.
* Splurge and get a flattering new hairstyle. Ask friends what type of hairstyle they think you’d look good in and then go to a beauty parlor to get a new look. Don’t forget to get advice from the hair stylist. They’re trained to know what type of style is appropriate for each face shape.
* Spend some time taking care of yourself. Go on a walk with a friend or a loved one. Not only will the exercise help you physically, it will help you mentally and spiritually as well. There’s nothing quite like being out in nature breathing in fresh air and being active. Make exercise an important part of your day and you’ll begin feeling better about yourself.
* Decide to change your eating habits. Choose fresh fruits and vegetables as well as limiting simple carbohydrates and sweets. Reduce your portion sizes and if you must have dessert, share it with someone else. When you start making better food choices, you’ll find it can change the way you feel dramatically.
* Try not to compare yourself with others. Sure, there may be someone at work who appears to have it all – looks, brains, ability or money. However, if you really knew this person, you’d probably find they have their own doubts about themselves and their life isn’t as perfect as you think it is.
If you’re not entirely comfortable about the way you look you may be struggling to like yourself. Using some of these easy ways to feel good in your own skin, you can begin to make small changes which will greatly transform your life. All it takes is a little courage and determination to get you started toward feeling good in your own skin and enjoying your life.
Feeling Comfortable in Your Own Skin | Girl’s Guide Q&A
Michelle Phan, Brittani Louise Taylor, and Mr. Kate share their advice for feeling comfortable in their own skin and get a special surprise from the band Rixton in the Girl’s Guide to Being One of a Kind Q&A led by Andrea Bendewald.
Previous Episode: Learning From Our Mistakes: http://youtu.be/SAq-zaMzCMI
Girl’s Guide is a lifestyle series created by Michelle Phan for FAWN. In each episode, we’ll explore and candidly discuss real issues affecting women today. Like the video if you want to see more, and leave us a comment telling us what you want to see next!
thank you for reading my post “Easy Ways to Feel Good in Your Own Skin”
My Most Recently Published Post
- Newest Super Brief Hairstyles by Weddideas (fankous.wordpress.com)
- Bringing It All Together For Summer (infobarrel.com)
- The Ultimate Hairstyle Guide for Any Newborn (redtri.com)
- How To Be Parisian: 7 French beauty tips from Caroline de Maigret (fashion.telegraph.co.uk)
- Face Wash Buying Guide (walmart.com)
- Girls Cute Homecoming Hairstyles Trends 2014 (fashionelan.com)
- How to select a CPAP Mask (oxygenconcentratorstore.com)
- Party Favors: Flattering Purple Lipstick Hues For All Skin Tones (thegloss.com)
- Dress Buying Guide (walmart.com)